My Blog List

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The movie biz

When I heard Tron was coming to theaters a year ago I laughed... I scratched my head.... then I was embarrassed.... then angry. Hollywood is so gutless, so lost in hunger for money and no love for the art of film that they rather gamble on a project that was already made and died in the box office than give a newcomer (director-writer-creator) a chance to make something new. In this biz you have to make the difference alone, you have to put yourself in the market alone. It took me 13yrs to realize that nobody in Hollywood will give you a brake to make a film. Is all who you know and who you are related with. 
EXAMPLE (lets pretend)
Spielberg has a movie he has to make to finish a contract with Universal Studios. Will he give the project to me (14yrs of experience with a killer script and new style in creating movies) or his nephew (which has never made a movie, has an alcohol problem and is 18)? Of course he would never give me the brake. One I'm not family, two I'm not Jewish and three he is NOT losing money by making a flop. He is just moving money. With the sales of DVDs and International audiences he gets every cent he puts in and might even make a few extra bucks. Yeah even with the crappiest movie you can think of he still comes out winning. He would give the world something he found in his toilet... and be financially safe by slapping his name on the poster/credits as Producer. Hilarious.

Well today I got from Netflix in the mail Disney's Tron: Legacy.
Supporting Disney with what comes out of their rectum is my plan for the night. It is fun to see how they defecate on themselves.

No comments: